- Note how Tyrion pins the mountain clans’ ineffectiveness on their relatively democratic (not to mention relatively gender equitable) social organization.
- A two-foot-long unicorn horn on one’s helmet would probably wreak havoc with one’s balance.
- We meet Tywin: a tall, physically fit older man, with a shaved head except for the sideburns.
Kevan is similarly large, but portly and balding: Tywin had he let himself go?
- “May they take fifty more.” Love it.
- People with the right idea in this chapter: Kevan (doesn’t want to take Robb’s bait) and Chella (alone of the clan chiefs, realizes they need to keep Tyrion hostage).