Ned sure is racking up the chapters. In this one:
- We learn that Lyanna believed Robert would be unfaithful to her, while Ned (apparently apropos of nothing) muses that Rhaegar would not have been.
- We also learn that the (still unspecified) deathbed “promises” (plural) Ned made to Lyanna have had a high price.
- Robert is said to have impregnated Edric Storm’s mother “while Stannis and his bride were still dancing.” Stannis, dancing?
- Cersei already had a couple of Robert’s bastards killed and their mother enslaved(!)
- Sheesh, Ned, how long does it take you to give up on the continued existence of “the Robert [you] had known”?
- Again with the casual, pervasive sexism: Jaime won’t stake much on “a woman’s honor.”